Shelter Maintenance Volunteer
Assist the shelter staff in keeping our shelter clean and organized for the public and for our animals. Help by doing laundry, washing dishes, gardening, painting, organizing storage, general cleaning and various other tasks as needed.
Assist shelter staff with cleaning and other building and grounds maintenance tasks.
Minimum 2 hours per week or 4 hours every other week, 6 month commitment. Set schedule.
Animal Care Technicians
Must attend the General Volunteer Orientation and must be trained by a Supervisor.
Must be at least 15 years of age or older.
Between 8:00am-4:30pm (Mon-Sat) & 12:00pm-3:00pm (Sun)
- Help with laundry and dishwashing.
- Help Kennel Technician with cleaning dog kennels, cat rooms, cat cages, etc.
- Help with play yard cleanup-scoop poop, clean doggie play pools, etc.
- Sweep sidewalks and driveway areas.
- Rake leaves, pull weeds and keep the front and yard areas looking tidy.
- Wash windows.
- Clean the office, bathroom, break room, refrigerator.
- Mop the floors.
- Keep storage areas neat, clean and organized.
- Maintain dog walking paths.
- Trim/prune plants as necessary.
- Assist in special building / maintenance tasks as assigned.