Community Service Volunteering
The Healdsburg Animal Shelter gladly accepts community service volunteers to fulfill their educational and court mandated hours. Community Service volunteers are required to perform scheduled Shelter Maintenance duties while volunteering here. Shelter maintenance consists of washing dishes, folding laundry, sweeping, mopping, yard work, cleaning windows, and other projects. Shelter maintenance does not involve interaction with the animals but instead helps maintain facility organization and cleanliness. Community service volunteers are on set schedules and are expected to complete all assigned tasks. Community service volunteers must be 15 years of age or older.
Community Service Volunteer Position: Shelter Maintenance Assistant
Assist the shelter staff in keeping our shelter clean and organized for the public and for our animals. Help by doing laundry, washing dishes, gardening, painting, organizing storage, general cleaning and various other tasks as needed.
Assist shelter staff with cleaning and other building and grounds maintenance tasks.
Dependent on amount of community service hours
Volunteer Coordinator- Animal Care Technicians
Must attend the General Volunteer Orientation and must be trained by a Supervisor.
Must be at least 15 years of age or older.
Between 8:00am-4:30pm (Mon-Sat) & 12:00pm-3:00pm (Sun)
Duties may include:
- Help with laundry and dishwashing.
- Help Kennel Technician with cleaning dog kennels, cat rooms, cat cages, etc.
- Help with play yard cleanup-scoop poop, clean doggie play pools, etc.
- Sweep sidewalks and driveway areas.
- Rake leaves, pull weeds and keep the front and yard areas looking tidy.
- Wash windows.
- Clean the office, bathroom, break room, refrigerator.
- Mop the floors.
- Keep storage areas neat, clean and organized.
- Maintain dog walking paths.
- Trim/prune plants as necessary.
- Assist in special building / maintenance tasks as assigned.