Client Service Volunteer
Greet and assist the public, dispatch clear and concise information to officers in the field, and assist office staff with various tasks. Some tasks include: maintaining the lost & found reports, answering phones, assisting the public, dispatch for Healdsburg Animal Control, issue new or renew dog licenses, prepare microchip forms and various other administrative tasks as requested.
Assist the office staff with administrative tasks.
2 or more hours per week, 6-month commitment-Scheduled.
Volunteer Coordinator - Adoptions Counselors
Must attend the Volunteer General Orientation and must be trained by a Supervisor.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Set Schedule between 9am-5pm (Mon-Sat)
(Mon-Sat) 2 shifts of 4 hours available.
- Answer the phones and assist the public.
- Facilitate Adoptions
- Dispatch clear and concise information to officers in the field.
- Maintain Lost and Found records.
- Take lost and found reports from the public
- Look for matches between lost reports and found reports
- Keep the Lost and Found bulletin board up to date
- Call people to inquire if they have found their lost pets once reports are a month or more old.
- Prepare microchip forms for mailing.
- Issue new or renew dog licenses.
- Sell tickets for events.
- Keep an adequate supply of important documents ready for using such as adoption applications, lost & found reports, animal control call forms, adoption packets and various other related documents.
- Various other administrative tasks as requested.