Cat Cuddler Volunteer
Manage our cat rooms and work hands on with our cats and kittens. Many of our cats have had sad histories with neglect, abuse or limited to no human interaction before arriving at our shelter. These cats need lots of socializing to get them more comfortable around people. This makes them happier here at the shelter and gives them a much better chance of getting adopted in the future.
To socialize, interact with, and provide enrichment for our cats and kittens, therefore making them more adoptable and appealing to the public. Manage our cat rooms and make sure everything is fresh and clean for our cats and for the public.
2 or more hours per week, 6-month commitment -Scheduled.
Animal Care Technicians
Must attend the Volunteer General Orientation and must be trained by a Supervisor.
Must be at least 9 years old. Must be accompanied by an adult at all times if 15 years old or younger.
Between 11am-4pm (Mon-Sat) & 12pm-3pm (Sun)
- Enrich, interact, and socialize with the cats and kittens to provide them with the stimulation they need to feel more comfortable around people. This will also de-stress the cats and lead them to live a happier life while at the shelter.
- Groom the cats (brush, comb out mats, wipe, bathe, etc.).
- Record information on each cat on the white board so that the next volunteer will know which cats have had attention or grooming.
- Fill out an Observation Card when needed (i.e. missing ID collars, health problem, strange or problematic behavior).
- Scoop litter if necessary and keep the cat rooms looking clean and neat for visitors.
- Replace food and water in the community cat rooms.
- Brush hair out of the cat play structures, replace cat beds and blankets, sweep, mop, and maintain the overall cleanliness of the cat area.